There will be lots of Seaweek 2017 events happening in the Bay of Plenty and full details will be posted here as we receive them. Contact the Western Bay of Plenty Regional Coordinator if you’d like to organise an event: Tireni Ratema – email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 07 571 2730
Seaweek 2017 Events:
- Create a New Ocean Animal Competition
- Western Bay Wildlife Trust Night Tours – Saturday 25 February 2017
- War on Weeds : Margins of the Sea – Sunday 26 February 2017
- Western Bay Wildlife Trust Night Tours – Sunday 26 February 2017
- Western Bay Wildlife Trust Night Tours – Thursday 2 March 2017
- Western Bay Wildlife Trust Night Tours – Friday 3 March 2017
- Western Bay Beach Clean-ups! – Sunday 5 March 2017
- Western Bay Wildlife Trust Night Tours – Sunday 5 March 2017
Image: Sustainable Coastlines
Sunday 5 March 2017 from 9am until noon at the following locations:
- Waihi Beach – Meet at North End Beach, end of The Esplanade
- Waihi Beach/Orokawa Bay – Meet at North End Beach, end of The Esplanade
- Waihi Beach – Meet at Seaforth Reserve
- Bowentown – Meet at Anzac Bay
- Tuapiro Point Reserve – Meet at the reserve
- Katikati – Meet at McMillan Reserve
- Tauranga/Matua Shoreline – Meet at Fergusson Park carpark, beside the playground
- Maketu – Meet at Te Tumu Carpark, end of Ford Road
- Omokoroa – Meet at Omokoroa Domain
Wear sensible shoes and bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and drink bottle. We will provide gloves and rubbish bags.
Contact: 021 254 3343
Image: Brian Scantlebury
Sunday 26 February 2017, from 10am to noon. Ends with sausage sizzle. Meet at Papamoa Domain near Surf Club buildings.
Papamoa dunes are a unique landscape and need restoration to keep their natural character. Invasive weeds are a problem that can be tackled by a good team of volunteers – come and join us and stay for a sausage sizzle lunch.
Open to all, suitable for families. Free event.
Bring garden gloves and a trowel – equipment available on site as well.
Contact: Carole Long, Coastcare / Te Puke Forest & Bird email: email@example.com Ph: 0272 747642 or 07 575 2662
On Saturday 25 Feb, Sunday 26 Feb, Thursday 2 March, Friday 3 March and Sunday 5 March from 8pm until 9.45pm. Meet at the Mount Surf Club, look for our flag by the bicycle stands.
Come with us on our guided tours around the base track of Mauao. Learn all about the penguins and other wildlife that live on and around Mauao, the different threats they face and what you can do to help in everyday life to help keep our seas healthy.
Suitable for all ages. Must be able to walk around the base track of Mauao.
Cost: $20 x adult, $10 x children (0-17yrs), $50 x family (2 adults, up to 4 children. All proceeds go towards habitat improvement and keeping our wildlife safe from predators.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL. Spaces are limited. To book – email contact details, number and ages of people attending, and which night you wish to attend to Julia Graham email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at 021 077 6851
Why not grab a Marine Metre Squared kit and go out to discover what lives on your local shore?